? about 5900 MOS field
Create Post

? about 5900 MOS field

Hello guys...i've only been browsing this forum for a few days, so excuse me if this has already been discussed.

I recently got signed up for 5900 field(electronic maintenance) and was wondering if i would be stayin in Lejeune for tech school for this MOS. Also any other information you think would be useful would be awesome... thanks alot

This is from about.com. In the future, if you have questions like this, that is a good place to start. Since you're new here, I will go ahead and do the work for you... but remember in the future most Marines on this site expect you to look before you ask.

The electronics maintenance OccFld encompasses the repair of all organic electronics equipment peculiar to the Marine Air Command and Control System (MACCS).

The MACCS is comprised of some of The most sophisticated equipment in the Marine Corps inventory; e.g., Air defense radar systems, fire control radar systems, air traffic Control systems, Avenger systems, and tactical data systems.

Consequently, 5900 personnel must achieve and maintain a high level of technical competence in both mechanical and electronics skills. Schools for the 5900 field teach hard technical skills.

The opportunity to participate in a formal apprenticeship program leading to receipt of a Department of Labor Certificate of Apprenticeship Completion may be available in some MOSs within OccFld 5900; refer to the current edition of MCO 1550.22 for specific information concerning this program.

Many skills acquired in the 5900 field are directly transferable to civilian occupations upon leaving the military service. Marines entering this OccFld will receive MOS 5900, Basic Electronics.

After completion of a formal school, they will be assigned a particular MOS designating them to a specific job in the electronics maintenance field.

Primary MOS's
    MOS Job Title Authorized Ranks
    5937 Aviation Radio Repairer Sgt to Pvt
    5939 Aviation Radio Technician MSgt to Sgt
    5942 Aviation Radar Technician Sgt to Pvt
    5948 Aviation Radar Technician MSgt to Sgt
    5952 Air Traffic Control Navigational Aids Technician GySgt to Pvt
    5953 Air Traffic Control Radar Technician GySgt to Pvt
    5954 Air Traffic Control Communications Technician GySgt to Pvt
    5959 Air Traffic Control Systems Maintenance Chief MgySgt and MSgt
    5962 Tactical Data Systems Equipment (TDSE) Repairer Sgt to Pvt
    5963 Tactical Air Operations Module Repairer Sgt to Pvt
    5974 Tactical Data Systems Administrator (TDSA) MSgt to Sgt
    5979 Tactical Air Operations Module Technician MSgt to Sgt
    5993 Electronics Maintenance Chief MGySgt
    Secondary MOS's (See Note Below)
    5912 Avenger System Maintainer MSgt to Pvt
    Note: A secondary MOS is a "job within a job." It denotes a special skill or training that the Marine holds in addition to the general requirements of his/her Primary MOS.

Information Derived From MCO P1200.7V Part I and Part II.

Thread Information